Elham

Virginia Woolf
Les Misérables
Victor Hugo, Charles E. Wilbour, Peter Washington

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré It's close to midnight
And something evil's lurkin' in the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between the eyes
You're paralyzed

'Cause this is thriller
Thriller night
And no one's gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know it's thriller
Thriller night
You're fighting for your life
Inside a killer
Thriller tonight, yeah

Harry Potter is here. Harry Potter is there. He's everywhere and nowhere. So, I finally picked it up in one of the most beautiful and rainy days of April and read it.

Harry, an innocent little boy who lost his parents and lives with his cruel aunt and they certainly love their pig-like boy more than Harry. Well, this is enough to make a little 7-year old reader cry. He might feel he is that oppressed Harry and his parents are like Harry's aunt because they like his sisters and brothers more.

Harry is weird. When he is around strange things happen. He is special but he doesn't know that. The little 7-year old reader might think he is special too. He might say to himself "I finally show to the world (my parents) who I am."

At school he wears bad clothes. He is neglected by the community. And then one special day someone comes and saves him. He becomes a hero and the story ends happily. The 7-year old reader might feel very good and will be satisfied.

There are many other common feelings between Harry and that little reader. Looking at the story in this way, it is like the other classical novels; Cosette in Les Misérables, Judy in Daddy long legs or Oliver Twist...

Everybody says that Harry Potter is a well written story. I think it is really good but I have read no other child story in this type to compare with. But how can 30 of my GR friends be wrong?!

I was really saddened when I realized that Ms. Rowling turned down Michael Jackson's 'Harry Potter musical' idea. The creator of Thriller and Ghost music video (both of which I watched for million times).

The foolest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

Hahahahaaa....Hahahahaha...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic